View Single Post
Old November 5, 2008, 10:01 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
Pure comedy.

1st signs with ICL, takes cash.
Then PCB begs and returns the cash.
Then signs with IPL take cash. (signing bonus $125,000)
Then ICL petitions and he can't play at IPL and can't make any more money.
So decides to go back to ICL without returning cash. I bet he thought signing bonuses are his to keep.
+++
Future events that will follow:
IPL will sue and he can't play for ICL and will have to return cash. Even if he retires now from Pak Team he can't play anywhere. lol. Let BCL (Bangladesh Cricket League) get in to the mix and offer him to be the batting coach of one of the divisional teams.

See everything ends up with Cash or money. What a shame. Holding up his share to defame Pakistani cricket more and more.
You said it all. He already proved that he only hankers after money. Remember he threatens PCB to join ICL to be selected in national team. He is simply a scum bag

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazabQ
Playing for the national team if selected is NOT mandatory. Why do people not understand that? One could make the argument that for players who have come up entirely through a board's pipe-line (i.e. U-16, U-19, Academy and A team) there should be some mandatory period of service (minimum X international matches of Y years) just like one expects when given a signing bonus. Beyond that, these people are no more traitors than those of us who are living abroad for a better opportunity.

Note for those who are comprehension challenged: this means I consider NEITHER ICLers nor প্রবাসিs as traitors.
Sorry to disagree on the bold part. Do you represent Bangladesh in world stage? Does any public or any quasi-public organization pay for your development. Though I do agree ICLer should not be considered as traitor in traditional sense but they did betray the trust upon them.
On a side note I know eventually ICL - BCCI saga would end (either BCCI would concede due to pressure from other board; though I have doubt as ECB is conceding to BCCI pressure or ICL would be broke) I do not want any ICL er within 200 m of national team. For playing for national team you need passion; unfortunately ICLer lack those.
Latest Update: PCB impose life ban on Yousuf

Last edited by thebest; November 5, 2008 at 10:55 AM..