View Single Post
Old March 21, 2011, 04:20 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Buzz Lightyear

Quote:
Originally Posted by offstump
both asraful and kapali actually started as Leg Spinners and decent Batters. but later there batting talent was more expressed and there bowling talents started to fade.
I know ashraful started out as a leggie, but kapali still continued on with it and was a better leggie, getting a hat trick is no mean feat and is an indication that there is some talent there-I think that if someone has that fundamental ability to bowl legspin that player should be further developed. Kapali's legspin was far better than ashraful's and the selectors should give instructions-look we need a leggie, so work on it. A player needs to know what the selectors are looking for in order to transform their style or make adaptations. Our selectors don't seem to be too concerned regarding team balance. KP was an offie to start with then became a batsman, if someone has that starting base then he can through practice and a bit of guidance make it through. Sehwag and a lot of indian players learnt cricket watching tv. Our players could try and learn something from the likes of warne etc. My arguments seem a bit farfetched perhaps, but we can't die wondering.

Ashraful bowls offspin now, which goes to show perhaps the lack of sophistication in our spinners who haven't developed the variation that the mendises harbhajans and muralis have done. even herath has improved. Vettori has avriations in pace and flight as does afridi