View Single Post
Old October 18, 2012, 04:11 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

These are very important and interesting discussion. I share the same view and have strong desire to go back to Bangladesh. My mother always tries to convince me in one way or another to settle in Dhaka. But I want to at least finish graduate (master's) level education before I return. I am planning to get either a MBA or a master's degree in life sciences. I honestly don't know what kind of relevant opportunities (pharma industry) are out there for me in Dhaka. That is an area of concern and also while many intelligent people like Sohel bhai, BANFAN bhai and recently Navo have returned, many of my other friends in Dhaka are desperately trying to move out. They seem fed up with rampant corruption, violent politics, and social degradation in many aspects.

But while growing up in Dhaka, I am accustomed to this culture and take them for granted. Overall, the country is not doing that bad economically. A vibrant civic middle class is growing and on other hand economy is going at a healthy rate of 6% over the last decade. There has been many social improvement in terms of infant mortality and others as pointed by Turbo bhai.

Life in overseas will go fine as well. Suburbian lifestyle with a house, car and other luxuries. No worries about traffics, electricity, and other basic necessities. But quoting Navo, "there is a substantial scope for helping people and a considerable feeling of fulfillment that I never felt abroad"..

Let's see what the future holds. Have to decide and settle on something before 30. That seems many years for now but time goes fast.