View Single Post
Old October 1, 2010, 05:06 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

@RazabQ buy a grameen edge modem for about 3000 taka or use pc suite. I asked same question back in January. Got a very helpful information from Nocturnal. I hope you will find it helpful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MohammedC
Is it possible to connect to internet using nokia pc suite in Bangladesh?

If not what is the best way to get mobile internet?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nocturnal
The best way to get internet anywhere in BD IMO:

1. Buy a Grameen Phone (GP) Pre-paid Sim for tk 150 from any GP center. You can also buy it from your "Parar mobile dokan" for around 200 tk.
2. Now if you wanna use internet in your mobile then just send "activate internet SMS" from the below or call 121 and ask them to activate it for you and will get instruction how to enable it in your set. it's super Easy.
3. Now if you wanna use it in your laptop- you still need to send "activate internet SMS" or call 121 and ask them to activate it for you - Now you need a EDGE Modem and which you can buy it from Elephant road (tk 3000 around) or use your Nokia phone as a EDGE modem (need nokia pc suite software).

Useful things to know:
Monthly internet Package -
P5 ----> 3GB/ month - 810 tk
- P6 -----> 1GB - 350 tk ---------> I normally use this, not much download, just regular use 24/7- enough!
Usage Check SMS: *566*10#
GP 24/7 Customer Care# 121 (from any GP number)
To activate internet SMS:
P5 >> send >> 5000
P6>>send>>5000
Billing Cycle: 30 days
Sylhet does not have the best coverage but I was able to get 250kb using edge and 450kb using Nokia PC suite.