View Single Post
Old November 2, 2008, 11:47 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Sakibul Hasan

I have no problem with ICL but Alok and the rest chose to resign from the Bangladesh team first and then signed for ICL and they did not even respond to the call of BCB to discuss things before they left for India. I understand they are professionals and money is important but they simply turned their backs on the hand that fed them. In no other career are you given free training and a opportunity to develop. BCB developed these players from obscurity through the academy, a-teams and all the other programs for cricket players. Alok has been given so many chances again and again despite not performing that it is a joke that he is complaining of unfair treatment. He was a part of both the test and ODI team when he resigned. I would rather not have players who are talented but will not give anything to play for his country. He is a traitor and should be treated as such. No one would know him if it wasn't for Bangladesh cricket and by turning his back towards his country and his fans, he deserves nothing either. He can stay in ICL all his life and earn as much money as he want but he will never earn the respect of a true cricketer playing in low class 20-20 games.