View Single Post
Old September 24, 2009, 09:41 AM
First Class Cricketer

Honestly I don’t see any thing wrong about this appointment. If anyone wants to blame this appointment, first they have to blame the selection process and BCB manifesto. According to the BCB manifesto, president position is selected, not elected. Since this is a selected position, running government will always choose a political person for this position (same as an army led government always choose an army person).

May be I am wrong, I think only football federation elect their boss and top position is a selected position for rest of the sports federation. I always believe that an elected person is better than a selected one (may be there are some exception). If BCB follow BFF, may be one day we could see Akram or Bulbul in the top BCB position. Since this is not the case for now, we have to rely on elected person.

I think Lotas Kamal is not a bad choice either as a selected person. It is proven that he has real passion about cricket. I love to think that he would go beyond the politics and run BCB efficiently. Good luck for him.