View Single Post
Old January 3, 2015, 05:31 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Miler/warner/Ryder/maxweL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gowza
Naeem has proved nothing at #3 and doesn't score quick enough to bat other positions anyway. Why is it ok to say naeem can bat 3-6, he rarely if at all bats 3. I don't see why liton can't bat anywhere in the top 7 if naeem can bat 3-6. Liton is a top 3 batsman but scores quick enough to bat middle and lower order.

I'm not a naeem hater, just think we have better options, imo you can't ignore his low strike rate, that's the primary reason why I think he shouldn't be selected, he has a poor strike rate and because I point that out I'm considered a hater?

I've been a strong naeem supporter for years, at one stage he was my favourite BD player.
his team was the worst team, most of the time team all out below 150 and naeem was batting alone. plus his strike rate was 100 plus, when one of top order make some runs.

every match won by his team, he is selected MOM.even though he batted at number 4, but because there is no contribution from top order, he batted within first 10 overs

he batted according to situation plus according to team needs, so don't blame him for low SR. he had couple 100 plus strike too

our team is not much experienced: except tamim, shakib, mushfiq, mahmudullah, mashrafe. Liton das could be a good addition but no experience .

liton das played for abahoni and abalone have good , inform and strong line up compare to mohamedan

abahoni: abdul majid (330 runs), nasir hossain (super form), farad hossain(proven domestic player), LPC silva (sl recruit),raqibul hasan, ziaur (wc probable 30), mosaddek (upcoming player), plus bowlers like saqlain, al amin, subhashis roy, jubair hossain to back him up

on the other side mohamedan: ejaj, mithun, sayem, tanvir haider, ariful, mashrafe, rahatul, sajedul , amit kumar

if he batted to slow--he won't be man of the match for most mohamedan win. he batted according to match situation