View Single Post
Old December 28, 2012, 12:14 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Curtly Ambrose

'I'm a hitter by nature'
Daily star report

Ziaur Rahman was not disappointed at having missed the world record of 16 sixes in a first-class innings, but was instead happy that he could make his first hundred courtesy of valuable support from two tailenders.

“I have no regrets about missing the world record; rather I'm happy with my first hundred which was possible because of the support I got from the two tailenders,” said Zia, who was not aware of the world record before the reporters informed him after the day's play.

“I always hit the ball hard if I get it in my zone and I have the confidence that I can clear it if I hit hard. The power I have is a gift but I feel that you have to have the confidence also -- no way you can be in two minds when you want to hit the ball hard,” he added, saying that the wicket and Kookaburra ball helped him to smash 15 sixes and seven fours during his unbeaten 118-ball 152.

When asked about the secret behind his strength and whether the source was a special diet, Zia said: “There is no secret. I'm a normal man and I always take normal food. Actually I am a natural hitter.”