View Single Post
Old November 8, 2012, 07:16 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Umpires!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rinathq
Not sure which Nafees u are talking about but the Nafees i know, 3 of his highest test scores came against Australia and Pakistan.... Period

and the Nazim i know only played 2 international match, 1 he scored brilliantly and the other he did not, against the most destructive spin attack at that moment.

And match winners? give me a break. Bangladesh has NO match winners for test cricket yet. Tamim and Shakib are doing well but they are still not Match winners for the longer version... and you think Anamul and Mominul would be match winners?

and please don't use the "potential" tag on these players. Every single player in the team has the "potential" ....

Yes Nafees "had" many centuries! Those are years ago. As someone said why not bring out Haba in the mix? He also has many half centuries. There is no point talking about the records or stats, it all comes down to how is your form now!

About match winners, Anamul just won the match for Khulna siglehandedly. Mominul has been scoring consistently lately in A team and at NCL. They are definitely match winners at the FC level. Given right guidance they have potential to replicate it at Int level.
As far as Law and Ian are concerned, these coaches see potential in the likes of Anamul and Mominul, but they did not mention about Nafees and Nazim. Nazim played under Ian's coaching in DG.
So future INT or current match winners at NCL level or potential tags are coming from the coaches who saw them and actually coached them. And no, not everyone posses the same potential. I don't see Nafees or Nazim winning the matches at the NCL like Tamim or Anamul.