View Single Post
Old November 3, 2009, 11:30 PM
Cricket Guru

Asad, bro I don't think you watch matches carefully enough whether from ground or from tv. Shakib and Co found plenty of turn during first day of 2nd Test in WI, because of moisture in pitch (which was the same case yesterday).

And no, modern day pitches don't break down and offer greater turn on day 4 or 5 - they actually become flatter and more batting friendly then. We talked about it many times here in this forum.

Spinners found good amount of turns from the pitch yesterday, no doubt about that. But seldom it was the turn that got wickets yesterday (in either innings). Rather it was the rush shots from batsmen of both sides that got them out. Everyone came prepared to blaze all their guns, no one was willing to grind out runs. Footwork from batsmen of both sides were non-existent, and situation was worsened by poor shot selections.

Zimbabwe at least had the excuse that early morning (it was actually 8:30 AM in Bangladeshi winter, if not for Bangladeshi government refusing to reverse the clock)moisture helped our bowlers. Our batsmen got out trying to play pull or sweep shots that they are far from mastering.

Agreed that Ashraful got out too early in the innings to be judged, but then again I don't remember watching him ever so plumb. I thought Siddons was helping him to improve his reflex!

Ask someone to re-translate what Siddons told Prothom-Alo, he does not think either that the pitch was too bad during BD innings!

Last edited by Eshen; November 3, 2009 at 11:36 PM..