View Single Post
Old January 24, 2011, 03:27 PM
Test Cricketer

Honestly whats the heck's gotten into the poeple round here?????

Let me paint you guys a picture. So, opening match against India. Bangladesh bat first and set a target for india. Even in the most optimistic scenario lets say Shafiul-Rubel bowl exceptionally well during the bowling pp and keep the RR to a reasonable figure. Maybe take a wicket a two. Hopefully the spinners will perform upto their standards as always and take wickets on a regular interval. The match is looking good for us, in fact it's looking very winnable at this stage. yaaaaaaaaaay ki moja ki moja! we're gonna beat Indian wooooooohoooo India need to make 18 runs in the last over with 1 wicket remaining. Enter Shakib's brilliant mind. Captaincy at it's best this is. He gets Shafiul or Rubel to bowl last over. Yousuf pathan hits 3 sixes in the first 3 balls. We lose match..sad worldcup!

My point being Mashrafe would've been our saviour in the death overs with his experience. And please dont take this as a Shafiul-Rubel bash, I am confident both will give their 112% when they play. but lets face it given their history, they will leak runs like crazy particularly during the latter part of the innings. I know they both won us matches against England and Newzealand respectivly but I think they're both still rookies dealing with death overs to be honest and nerves will get the better of them. I PRAY that I am WRONG!!!!