View Single Post
Old September 30, 2012, 09:37 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

Quote:
Originally Posted by 22Yards
If I remember right, Dhiman is lightening quick as a keeper. I always wondered if having him in the team is really worth a shot or not since Mushys batting hasn't produced as much as we have liked, overall.
You remember correctly bhai. Dhiman is very efficient behind the stumps. Coach Ian was also very impressed with the way he kept the wickets in the BPL when he kept for Ajmal and Afridi. Actually before Rangpur was formed in the NCL, both Mushy and Dhiman were on Rajshahi and Dhiman was the one who kept wickets ahead of Mushy. So it clearly shows that even their domestic side preferred Dhiman as the keeper.

As for having Dhiman in the team, I'm hoping the selectors keep him in mind for Tests especially. Mushy's keeping in Tests has not been very good at all and as we know, a drop in Tests could mean a guy could go on to score a 100. I feel Dhiman could be our answer as our Test wicketkeeper and should be our wicketkeeper in that format. As for the shorter versions, again it's a possibility. Mushy hasn't proved to be the answer at #4. So the question arises, do we really need him that much at #5-7? I feel we could easily slot Dhiman in there and see what he has to offer. Again he might not be as effective as Mushy but has Mushy been all that great with the bat? Plus Dhiman would more than make up for it with his keeping. So the selectors should definitely think about Dhiman in their plans for the national team.