View Single Post
Old February 3, 2013, 10:52 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zunaid
Looks like we did NOT get you wrong. There was no incorrect interpretation of your post. It was exactly what you stated above that everyone was decrying. What is provoking in your opinion? Hair visible? Not wearing a burkha?
Burka's and hijabs will not prevent or even reduce cases of sexual assault. They will reduce greatly, although not eliminate, consensual encounters because no girl feel sexy wearing a hijab and very few guys would considering hitting on a girl wearing one.

However, rape isn't about attraction. Its a sociopathy and it is fueled by one or any combination of anger towards women, power, control. In this situation, a woman wearing a hijab could actually be targetted because of it!

In this regard, I am in total agreement with "liberals" or "feminists".

However, I differ when it comes to the use and excercise of common sense.

Women need to guard against putting themselves in dangerous situations. Girls who show up to a frat party, get piss drunk, and then wake up next to someone and can't remember entering that bedroom, really have only themselves to blame. Once again, opportunistic rape is not any more justifiable than rape as an instrument of war, but girls cannot expect any more sympathy beyond the statement "that guy is a rapist".

I've had discussions where woman have lambasted me for saying that and saying that its a free country and they have the right "to have fun and not be preyed upon." But how is this any different from Magic Johnson, who had unprotected sex with multiple partners, presumably because it was "fun" and ended up with HIV? Responsibility can go a long ways.

#OneTeam1Dream