View Single Post
Old March 21, 2011, 08:05 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Lara

I respectfully disagree with you, max. Others have focused on the responsibility part; but I will go on the consistency part.

Over the years, I think, I have observed a very consistent pattern of our performances and management. Here are a few of those patterns:

1) Against minnows, we have been pretty consistent, when they failed to fight against us. Most of our wins are against Zim and Kenya.

2) When the minnows put up a fight, we faltered. Again, Ireland, Zim, Netherlands are examples.

3) Against the top sides, we have won a few matches when our bowlers clicked and the batsmen did not bat like their usual crap. However, we have been handicapped when the opponents have been on fire. We have consistently been incapable of handling the pressure.

4) We have always batted to improve on our stats, not for wins, when the opposition had a big score.

5) After every win, the coaches have reaped the benefit. After every loss, they have mentioned our ranking.

6) Tamim has always shown zero respect to his batting partner, be it Golla, or SN or Imrul or Ashraful. Examples, run outs.

7) Our lower order had consistenly helped to post a so-called 'shommanjonok' score in the past. Now a days, out top order does the same, as Rafique-Mash-Pilot have been replaced by Tamim-Imrul-Junaed. Our middle order was always consistently crap, bar one or two players like Akram, Nannu and Bulbul.

8) The BCB has consistently been non-professional after the Saber Hossain era. They have dumped good coaches like Greenidge and Dave and have shown confidence in craps like Mohsin and Siddons. The selection has consistently been influenced by names and connections irrespective of performances on the field. The current situation is probably the worst one, where the coach's good book is the only criteria for selection.