View Single Post
Old February 19, 2013, 11:33 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Wasim Akram, Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beamer
I liked this Leafs team even last year. I think they are playing a good system which has sustaining power. Both goalies are playing good. And, what impressed me more is they are doing it without Kessel scoring a lot and minus Lupul. So, yes, big ups to the Leafs.
Yep, the system is the key here. WIlson had no defensive structure at all, and insisted on playing a run n gun game, which doesn't work in todays NHL, as the caps figured out.

Randy C's system has been great, and the players have bought into it, something they never did with RW. Some big additions have helped out too - Kadri, McClemment (RC insisted on signing him) and Komarov.

Kadri is still leading the team in scoring with 14 pts, playing just 14 minutes a night. Komarov (a Leafs late round pick) leads the entire league in hits, plays a solid 2-way game, and really helps bring up the energy level of the entire team while his time on ice. McClemment has just been that excellent defensive 4th line C we have lacked. Guy does everything well, except for scoring.

I think Randy C's biggest contribution has been towards Kadri's game. He put him back at center (he was playing wing in his previous NHL stints), and helped improve Kadri's confidence. That move solved the center issue we were having as well. We have 4 solid C's now, 3 of which are capable 2-way players.

Tonight will be a test against the high octane Tampa offence. So far we've been able to shutdown Montreal, Washington and Pittsburgh fairly well.