View Single Post
Old May 5, 2013, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadukor
Had enough with BNP and AL. Will vote for Jatio Party if they run independently
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhurr
Many, many young people I have talked to feel that Ershad should be given one last chance, because he's probably too old to be too corrupt at this stage of his life.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Banglatiger84
Another reason being that most of us never lived under him. But I'll admit that what i hear of his time , at least the mid 80s, sounds better than any of our democracy years.
The days of 80s are not the same as 2013. The looters, thugs and corruption level are not the same as 80s. There were still lot of good people in many Govt. institution, morality had some value still left in some sect, society. By now those people are cornered if not thrown out of system, replacing by boot lickers, looters or criminals. Never would be as easy as it was in 80s to manage and control the office, not just for Ershad but for anyone for that matter.

Ershad was ex top of army and had chain of command back then, people also were somewhat non-vocal against whoever army personal taking the charge of every institution of the Gvet., and back then it somewhat wroked. Corruption did exists back then but were limited compare to these days, and Systems were somewhat in place and controlled by his govt., but now? No way would be anywhere near to those days, expecting Ershad in power and his whatever good work of those days is nother delusion actually.