View Single Post
Old February 21, 2012, 03:32 PM

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

Newagebd with Law.

Quote:
QHow was your experience in the Bangladesh Premier League with the Sylhet Royals?

Law: Personally, fairing not too well in the competition is frustrating and disappointing. But in the overall scene things are going well with every teams being competitive. It’s a great spectacle for the players to go and play in and watch. Personally my experience is not that brilliant, but in the overall scheme it has been pretty successful.

Q: Wasn’t it been an embarrassment with the Royals team as they are yet to register a win?

Law: We had our hopes but we haven’t been playing for one reason or other, but we still have four games to play. Four games to serve us some pride. It hasn’t gone our way, but there was nothing like we were not trying very hard or things of that sort. It has just been the circumstances. Lot of teams in the world can struggle in this format. Once you get on the roll it seems difficult to lose.

Q: Would you elaborate about those circumstances which you think was the reason behind Royals downfall. Are you happy with the players of your team at the auction?

Law: For the first one I don’t want to make any comments and on the second you better ask the franchise.

Q: How do you rate the performance of local players in BPL?

Law: The qualities of local players are standing up. Few guys like Mushfiq, Mahmudullah and Junaed Siddique won games for their teams and that’s what you expect. In these competitions including the IPL, teams that have got good local players goes very far. In BPL Gayle made a hundred but still lost the game. It’s not necessary how great your overseas players are but your local players have to stand up and put in some good performances. Some of the national boys are doing it.

Q: Apart from national players any other players who have got your notice?

Law: It’s very interesting to see players that we thought to get into the national set up. They haven’t set the world on fire, but they have made decent contribution. Mominul Haque, he is the one we like to include in the national setup pretty soon. Jahirul [Islam] is on the fringe of the national team for a while. He has done some reasonable performance on the BPL. On the fast bowling, all-rounder Farhad Reza was quite impressive. These are the sort of performances we would like to see.

Q: What about Tamim Iqbal? With the Asia Cup round the corner he is not doing well. Is this concerning you?

Law: I think he has been injured as far as I know. He has a groin problem. He has played only two games and lots of players need a couple of games on a row to get some momentum. He is very much part of the international scene and if he can go and get some runs that would be great not only for him but for Bangladesh cricket as well.
http://newagebd.com/newspaper1/sports/51074.html

I just wonder where are they planning to play Mominul? only slot is open atm is number 3. Is he ready for that yet? i doubt...