View Single Post
Old March 14, 2008, 06:10 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Mash,Shakib,Tamim

I have some sympathy for the selectors:

After first test they had no other choice but to drop Habla. Good Decision.

They included Razzaq. He then failed with the ball, and fans started screaming " Selectors should have picked Saleh." But Razzaq replied with bat. So, selectors were relieved and it was 50-50 decision.

After second test, they had no other choice but to drop GoBoy and bring Mushy. Please visit BC threads and see how crazily fans demanded to see Dhiman.

Since Aftab didn't play, they had to find a replacemnt and it was Nazimuddin.

Also they dropped MaMu after the second test and that decision was OK. Even fans were screaming as loudly as possible to drop MaMu.

After Rafiq retirement of Rafiq, they had to find a spinner and to fill the void. They called Mosharraf Rubel because performed outdstandingly in practice match. Selectors could have picked Mahmudullah, a capped player. You can call it a mistake.

They dropped Shahdat for ODI 2 and recalled Mamu, and I will call it a mistake. MaMu should have been rested for the whole ODI series becasue he needed a good break and it would teach a good lesson to MaMu.

As for picking Nirala, I would they say that it was a 50-50. So much hype, triple centurian, even many BC fans wanted to see him.

Unforunately BD players performance was bad and we will have to find a scapegoat. And one of easiest one is to say the selectors too much chopping-changing backfired.