View Single Post
Old October 10, 2006, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banglatiger84
See the part in bold, thats exactly what many liberal Muslims are doing, they think they are superior because they despise the Niqab/Hijab. They consider not drinking alcohol to be a sign of narrow mindedness. So arent they as much extremist as the Muslim who tries to enforce Niqab on others?

The problem here is that the anti-Niqab Brigade is trying to force women to remove their Niqab as it will help in communication bla bla bla.
While the conservative groups, at least in most Western countries and places liek BD are unable to force their values on others, in secular extreme countries, are banned from keeping long beard sor wearing Hijab, such as in turkey ,tunisia etc.

Now tell me which group is more extreme in imposing its values on the other?
Even if they do so and think so, how they become extremist since they ( liberal Muslims ) dont force anyone to do what they do, and think what they think? As far I know nobody trying to force women to remove their Niqab, perhaps you may say they support / prefer not wearing Niqab, which still left on ones choice ( in this Straw case, as well as liberal Muslims ).

Are you sure about this banning thing in Turkey? because couple of months ago I was there and saw people beard, and women wearing Hijab, not as many as BD though.