View Single Post
Old January 9, 2008, 02:54 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh
Default National players in NCL - Poll Question

BCB just concluded their 2007-08 National Cricket League. While this is still fresh in our memories, I had to ask you guys a very important question. Your participation is a must. (I humbly request)

View 1:
National players were absent for a fair amount of rounds this year. That had diminished the standard and competition of NCL somewhat. Cheated the non-national players of a better competition. Most of our national cricket players are still under 25. They need these domestic cricket matches to improve their skills, understand the game, regain form and correct flaws.

View 2:
We are not there yet. These games are meaningless for the national players. With these kind of dead pitches, faltu umpiring these games negatively impact them. After a decent knock, some may think "Ki honu ray". False security to some. Domestic Cricket is for selected few. Those who can not make it to the top level ever.

View 3:
In the middle. Better umpiring and pitches are more important than making sure the national players gets to play the game.

How important it is for the national players to participate in NCL?

Answer wisely. 10 - 7 would be under view 1 being the most important, 4 to 1 would be in line with view 2 being the least and 6 - 5 would be under view 3. Explain why you chose the number. 0 is 'I don't care'.