View Single Post
Old December 2, 2012, 03:22 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navo
Sorry, I was away from my computer but I don't know where to start.

My question to you is, does every batsman in the team have the same role? Mashrafe's batting role is to clobber sixes, Tamim gives us a flying start etc. Anamul's was to hold up one end - we know a collapse was always imminent. Would you all not have cussed him out if he gave away his wicket, calling him brainless, moronic, bekub etc? The 'intent' might have been there - but it would have resulted in diddly squat.

The approach you and some others advocate is the precise reason why we have often spectacularly collapsed in the past despite building a good foundation. It is this exact mindset which has caused players of the caliber of Tamim and Shakib to get out repeatedly in the 50-100 bracket and the former, in particular, falling before the 40th over.

Finally, the dichotomy between batting in ODIs and Tests is not as clear cut as you
and Tiger-ess are trying to suggest.
I agree with you to a certain extent. But bro do not bring me into his argument. I was not suggesting anything. I was merely stating why some people would 'complain' about the way Tamim and Shak go about their innings sometimes, in response to dilscoop 'complaining' about some of us 'complaining'...