Thread: Captain hunt
View Single Post
Old November 29, 2008, 07:29 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib Al Hasan

Captain should be a team member who is an automatic choice in any kind of pitch for the selectors. If there is more than one automatic choice in a group of players argument comes into force who will be captain. In the current bunch of national team players I think the following players are automatic choice:

Sakib al Hasan
Mashrafee Mortaza
Mushfiqur Rahim
Tamim Iqbal

I didn't include Razzak in the above list as in the just concluded series we found that in an all pace friendly pitch we can rely on Sakib as a lone spinner. Otherwise he would've been an automatic choice as well. The others who are inclued in the poll except these above mentioned players should be excluded. Given that Mashrafee is much vulerable to injury than any other in the list I'm excluding him from the candidate of captaincy. Tamim has never been tried in any version of the game as a captain. Thus I can exclude him as well. From the remaining two who you want to choose is a question. But if yoiu take the age-concern into consideration then I would like to go for Ash again because it will save us from ruining any of these two's career very early. Lets wait for the maturity of these two