View Single Post
Old March 31, 2013, 05:10 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
We've had a good look at some of the guys...which 15 would you pick. Here's my squad...

1) Jaharul
2) Shahriar
3) Ashraful
4) Mominul
5) Shakib
6) Mushfiq
7) Nasir
8) Gazi
9) Enamul Jr
10) Rubel
11) Robiul

x) Naeem Islam
X) Abul
X) Riyad
x) Marshall

It would be great if Taskin and Anamul could be ready for this series. Openers are a weak link with Tamim out. Mominul looks better than Naeem, although Naeem can play longer innings. I think we should play 3 spinners regardless of how seam friendly Harare might be because a) its our strength and our pacers wouldn't take advantage anyway and b) ZIM simply cannot play spin at all.
This isn't a bad lineup against Zimbabwe sans Tamim and Bijoy but I'll shuffle things around a little. I'll go with 3 primary strike bowlers, all spinners, with Raju as the only seamer and Riyad joining him as secondary bowler. We need 20 wickets and therefore strike, NOT containment bowlers. Shourobh, Nasir and Sir Mohammad Ashraful Matin, KRT can contribute as part time options.

1. Jahurul Islam Omi

ZERO expectation from yet another stop gap measure with limited ability and poor temperament under pressure situations. If he cannot score 50s here against a comparatively weak team, he should be dropped. Maybe he'll be dropped anyway once Tamim and Bijoy return. That being said, he deserves his share of chances because guys like Junaid, Imrul and Mofees sure got theirs.

A couple of 50s (150+ balls each) expected. Extra WK if need be.

2. Shahriar Nafees Abir

Stop gap measure. I hope he gets some of that old minnow bashing form back against his favorite opponent.

A century from 150 balls expected.

3. Sir Mohammad Ashraful Matin, KRT

ZERO expectation but a century off of 200 balls would be nice. Part time slow bowling option.

4. Shakib Al Hasan

One of a kind and needs to bat up the order. Expecting TWO big centuries with 60 to 70% SR generated from strike rotation.

One of THREE primary strike bowlers.

5. Nasir Hossain

One of a kind and needs to bat up the order. At least one century with 60 to 70% SR generated from strike rotation.

Part time slow and medium pace option.

6. Mohammad Mushfiqur Rahim Mit'hu

Continues to be an on again, off again player even after the 200. Six is a good number for him when he's trying to score big after a big score. His big scores are usually followed by diminishing runs until he scores big again.

At least one BIG century with a 50 to 60% SR generated from strike rotation.

7. Mominul Haq Shourobh

Expecting a string of 50s with a 40 to 50% SR.

Part time slow bowling option.

8. Mohammad Mahmudullah Riyad

Not in form with reverse momentum. Good chance for him to score some runs against a relatively weak attack from his favorite number 8 spot. A string of 50s expected especially when under little to no pressure.

Secondary bowler. Expecting him to pick up wickets from one end if pressure is being generated from the other.

9. Abul Hasan Raju

Expecting some solid batting with scores ranging from patient 30s to 50s.

ONLY full time seamer.

10. Shohag Gazi

Expecting quickish 20s to 30s with the bat.

11. Enamul Haq

Patient batting with no expectation to score big.

Bench: Nayeem (top order, secondary bowler), Marshall (middle or lower middle order, secondary bowler), Rubel & Robiul (seamers).
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)