View Single Post
Old November 15, 2012, 03:30 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gowza
well then we can count out the current guys then can't we because against quality bowling they've been proven horrible. listen i understand the concerns about making sure youngsters are ready but they've proven to be the best in the country, they deserve their places and they've proven against the same opposition in NCL that they are better than the likes of imrul, SN, junaid etc. i get that you don't want to ruin them but if they're stuck in the NCL they will be ruined because these guys need constant challenges to keep on improving and motivation from the selectors knowing that they're close to the team. staying in the NCL can ruin a player just as much if not more than moving onto the national team.
Look, it's not about being the best in the country or older guys being challenged ... It's about these new guys being prepared to survive at the international level. If they are underprepared, I can assure you that they will come and do this musical chair that the current guys are doing. Well that's my opinion.

The difference of quality and temperament is huge between any country U19/Domestic and Test/ODI...even the Ausies feel that difference, you can't imagine what these guys go through. It's not that, they are lazy or not challenged that's why they aren't improving...there are too many things to learn and cope up with...guys like Shakib and TI would by now become twice their current stature as a player had they been in Aus/Eng... Preparation really matters. We don't need short term benefit as we needed before...so why ruin them...let them come the way it's supposed to happen...prepared through A Team, HP ..tour Matches...proven their worth...they walk in and they will feel comfortable to succeed.