Thread: Dad at 13
View Single Post
Old February 15, 2009, 03:03 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alien
While many expats disgusted by this is planning to go back, what is worrying is many Bangladeshis with young kids leave the country to provide "better lifestyles" for their children. I know many here.

I wonder how on earth it is better. Fair enough your kids will be much safer physically as there are lesser crimes and pollution and with more freedom. You don't have to worry about your child getting kidnapped by "cheledhora" but in reality the kids lose the very values we were brought up with and many end up like this 13 year old or 15 year old junkie.

I went to an english medium school in bangladesh and when I was in class 1 or 2, we had all this expat kids with accents coming over and their stories were that their parents didnt want them to grow up in UK/US or wherever they came from. I used to think they were nuts, but now I see the light in their reasoning.

There is no wonderful eutopia to bring up your kids. Every place has its trade offs. But on long run your kids are better in Bangladesh. Many parents think they they will receive better education in overseas than in Bangladesh. Bangladesh has many good schools ( not universities all of which sucks in my opinion) and I know many many Bangladeshis who end up in Harvard, Yale, Cambridge and where not. So if you send your children to a good school in Bangladesh, he/she is no way in disadvantaged.

This is really shocking news for us as a muslim and living in this society.

Now I am really confused with my child............ what shall I do, going back for a few years or staying here. My husband is very keen to go Bangladesh and brought up her there, after that coming back to do GCSE. But I am really confused as she is born here and unsettled with the traffic Jam, pollution or drinking not pure water. She is now 7 years old and studying at year 3 in very good school in Westminster. I have heard even in Bangladesh in English Medium school children are deprived of their own culture, Do u have any idea?

Hey people dont get me wrong or distrubed as I have put my personal information here. But I just would like to know people views about this as Banglacricket is my another family.