View Single Post
Old June 3, 2012, 11:08 AM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Missed you guys over the last few days.

"Winning IPL for KKR is big achievement but he prides more achieving for his own country"

I am so proud of shak for this – can’t express exactly how much (just to put it in perspective, I would like to point out Wasim Akram’s comment “I have also won the 1992 worldcup for Pakistan, but this was something else”, about their magical win in 92!!!!)

“after Sakib retires from cricket he can easily become number one jotishi”

I think it has more to do with his ability to read a match, as well as other team-mates capabilities on a particular situation. If that’s the case, that will be wonderful for bd cricket

“Good to know Shakib has already renewed his contract with KKR.”

I don’t know if it’s a good thing or a bad thing... I know that Shakib feels some kind of loyalty to the only Bengali team of the tournament, and understandably so and winning the cup probably strengthened his relationship with other teammates and kkr management. It’s good to see Shakib not being greedy. But on the other hand, what kind of opportunities would Shakib get in kkr next year? There will still be Narine, Kallis, a fast bowler (Lee/another good one) and Mccullum. To be honest, Shakib was lucky this year as both McCullum and Lee were in “not-so-good” forms. I don’t think KKR would have given Shakib as many matches if McCullum and Lee were at their peak form. So, it might have been a better option to stay away from renewing the contract with kKR and go for the auction next year. Some people pointed out the monetary benefits, but I think the more important point about the auction would have been that shakib would have played the most number of matches with the team that is willing to pay the most for him/that values him the most. Will see what happens….