View Single Post
Old March 21, 2010, 03:35 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsifTheManRahman
These four are my first-choice batsmen in the Bangladesh XI. Shakib comes in right behind, but that's expected as he's an all rounder. Not that Nayeem and MaRi aren't, but I consider them to be better batsmen than bowlers, which isn't exactly rocket science.
I agree with you for the most part except for:
1. Mushy's real test would be the upcoming away series in England. I want to see how he plays the rising balls on a bouncy pitch
2. I think Shakib plays the rising balls better; he does not play them away from the body. He and MaRi have the height advantage for playing pacers.
3. If we agree with you about Mushy why cannot he be the operner with Tamim for left-right combination, and then we find a second wicket-keeper in the team.
4. Aftab plays better than any quality pacer better then any other batters we have. Basher and Aftab perhaps have the best reflex and eye. He should be in for ODI because run rate in middle overs is important.
5. I like Juhurul's way of batting, perhaps his style will allow rotating of strikes and I will keep him in the pool.

Observations and opinions:
5. Our tail learns both technique and temperament better on the job, examples are Shafiul and Shahadat.
6. Let's promote Naeem and Riyad until we find a #3 from U-19's