View Single Post
Old December 2, 2011, 11:21 AM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Consistency is an issue with Mominul and I too wouldn't be comfortable bringing him in based on a handful of performances. Anamul and Asif seem more consistent in comparison, but it's still very very early for either of them. I'm all up for giving all three more FC, DPL, academy and A team games as and when appropriate. We need to see how all of them fare against quality opposition, so the more games they play against other A teams the better we can judge. Maybe someone who has seen them bat can comment on whether they're ready yet, but if there's any doubt at all, we should probably sacrifice short term gain for long term glory. Giving them more time can't hurt.

In the meantime, what do we do about the sissies in the top order? What I saw in the first ODI was alarming - we had no clue how to keep the scoreboard ticking against what was some not-so-threatening bowling on a not-so-threatening pitch. The inability of our batsmen to work the ball around and pick ones and twos isn't anything new, but then if you can't do that, then what the heck are you doing in international cricket?