View Single Post
Old August 19, 2009, 04:13 PM
Administrator

For the satirically challenged, Spitty's thread is an commentary on the current state of the BC discussion threads where we now have a sudden spate of everything about everything about someone threads.

Other than the one liner deprecations, this post has brought about some good thoughts. Of course, they are good since I agree with them - e.g. Raynman. If the topic is specific enough, I would say it warrants a new thread else we can have the hero-worshipping or the reverse all going to one catch-all dev/null.

IMNSHO, for example, if we were discussing Mash's keen surgery or a change to his bowling style, I would prefer two different threads. That way the discussion can be cohesive and cogent. Look at the state of the "Breaking new-thread" - it started off as a means to collect all news regarding the BDR mutiny and now has become the catch all of all news Bangladeshi. It does not allow for a long and involved discussion on what might be a topic of interest to folks. Before things can start, some other topic just drowns any emerging discussions on previous topics.

All in all - we (mods) should be a little bit more circumspect when we start to yield the merge thread wand.

Last edited by Zunaid; August 19, 2009 at 05:06 PM.. Reason: IMNSHO = In My Not So Humble Opinion