View Single Post
Old February 19, 2014, 07:06 PM

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir, Sir Don

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equinox
Sorry but run-rate was never the issue. I don't think the required run-rate exceeded 4/over at any point during Mushy's stay at the crease. When he got out the RRR was just barely above three. So I don't know what pressure you are imagining that he created that others needed to make up for. In fact he could've batted at half the SR he did and it wouldn't have been a problem. It's the other batsmen who probably had the same thought process as you and thought that it was T20 match that lost us the game. Although, you are right in saying that Mushy should shoulder the blame for not closing the game being the captain and a senior batsman.

As for people wanting him out of the team and questioning his strike rotation etc. I don't know what to say to them. Mushy was our best batsman in the NZ series. Yes Naeem might have got the most runs but Mushy got 123 runs at a SR of 95 despite missing out on runs in the last ODI which was basically played on a road. Also let's not forget that he broke his finger just days ago and it'll take a while for him to return to a 100%.
If he is not 100% (physically), perhaps he should have rested. I bet Naeem could have scored 30 off 70...