View Single Post
Old September 22, 2008, 02:04 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabz
Why dont you try to translate something line by line and try to sell it to millions for over many decades.
So, just because I can't do sth. and someone else can do it, the he is a a genius? By your logic, Jewel Aich is a genius or why not extend it even more, since you can't do what a hardworking rickshaw puller can do all, day his entire life, then he is a genius? Your point becomes moot right there.

Quote:
And copyright and plagiarism ?
Try telling that to avergage Bangladeshi kids/youth who are not so fortunate enough like you to live in OC. At least Sheba Prokashoni gave millions of Bangladeshis to read amazing stories in a language that they would understand better.
So it's okay to cheat? Then perhaps we can also include the entrepreneurs who became rich from crooked paths?

Quote:
Plus i dont know how old you are or how long you've been living overseas, but if you havent read Masud Rana/Tin Goenda/Western/Onubad yourself back in the days when there were no cable/internet, i think i can never make you understand what Rana and Sohana, Kishor,Musa and Robin meant to us.
I have read Tin Goenda hence my observation that it was a straight out rip off of Three Invenstigators. I know we cannot compare the geniuses in the list, but if we take the ltierary giants in our country amd see that in the same list where we have included Kazi Nazrul Islam, you want to see Rakib Hasan to be on that same level as he is? It'd be insult to him, if a plagiarer is to be included. (If it really wasn't a big issue why wouldn't he have written in the books that it's basically a translated work from overseas stories?)

Quote:
So, it sounds more like Gopal Bhar's "100 Genius", rather than a compilation based on general concensus. If you are only picking what you think is right, why bother asking in the first place?
Hence the purpose of a healthy argument. As I mentioned, if someone thinks a person should be on the list he should at least give some reasonable arguments and when that happens, why can't I fight back with my own arguments? We don't have to be kissing cousins and yes-men to argue back and forth. It sad to see that in our culture argument and dissent is considered to be a denigrating issue whereas it is the hallmark of advancement and evolution in relatively free countries.

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles

Last edited by Zeeshan; September 22, 2008 at 02:13 PM..