View Single Post
Old February 13, 2015, 03:58 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace of BD
Before people even begin commenting that I am trying to give some insight, Inzi during 92 wc told that they had lost six warm-up matches straight. Not one, two, or three, but six consecutive ones. The point is, it's totally a different mindset when you know its not an official ODI. A warm-up match, that's it. Plus, if you have seen, unlike other teams, Hatuira has tired to simulate real-match situations in these practices. For example, all the bowlers weren't tried, although Rubel and Riyad could have bowled a few. And in the end, it's not about getting the right bowlers at the right time. But trying different bowlers for different situations, to see how they can possibly cope in such repeat situations and understand who is good enuf and who is not. And about batting, alhtough I hated Anamul today, but even Anamul wouldn't do it an ODI. Every player was playing it for themselves. They couldn't care less about the result, as long as it benefitted them. And frankly speaking, if it does help all the players in any way to get back some rhythm in their play, then I won't mind a loss. No excuses. Just saying. Peaking at the right time is important. So far, more or less most of the players looks to have 'warmed up' adequately. Now time for the real battle. Everyhting will be alright
With all respect I would like to say that these kinds of experimentations should have been done a while ago, at least after the ZIM series! Board should have arranged some additional weeks ( 2/3 more weeks) in Aus or a bilateral series somewhere on this earth. That would have given opportunities to do experiments and trials. Official practice matches should have been played with the best 11/12 players who are most likely going to play. Our coach and players are doing the best to use what ever they are given with. Hats off to them......but its the board who are meant to provide this.