View Single Post
Old August 1, 2007, 08:18 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck
perhaps i left bangladesh too early in my life to understand such intricacies but it puzzles me, how can any politician or corrupt official sleep at night after such gross misconduct. perhaps they don't see the curruption as misconduct after all. i have much sympathy with the lowly paid worker taking a little money if that means paying his children's school fees or to put food on the table, however, someone who is already extremely wealthy have no such excuses.
Easy. Zero Moral Foundation. Corruption and greed, especially amongst the powerful and wealthy, are symbiotic symptoms of that ZMF virus. Ershad's regime became the incubus of this particular viral infection that became a plague over the last 15 years in particular. Ershad required BDT 3,000,000 plus percentage to get big things done, always out of the public eye. The first BNP mockery required the same plus a higher percentage. The BAL mockery required USD 3,000,000 plus percentage. The last and final BNP fiefdom upped it to USD 30,000,000 plus higher percentage.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)

Last edited by Sohel; October 20, 2007 at 04:52 AM..