View Single Post
Old January 13, 2014, 12:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navo
People talk about AL's endgame but what's BNP's endgame? There are rumours about betrayals and divisions within the party. Is that true? If so, who is playing Brutus? Beyond a caretaker government, what goals do they have for their five year tenure? For instance, they've bitterly criticized the power generation projects undertaken by AL over the past 5 years, whether it is rental power plants, Ramphal or Rooppur, as have members of civil society, sometimes with good reason, and I'd like to hear what agenda they have for this vital sector during their tenure. If through some miracle, elections are held next month in an 'independent' atmosphere, and BNP wins, how do they plan on recouping the World Bank's loan for the Padma Bridge? Given the sweeping changes made to the Constitution during the last AL government, do they have a proposed raft of reforms as well? Etc etc
BNP lacks political visions IMHO. Politics became a profitable business in Bangladesh - all "they" want is money and power for themselves. No agenda to improve mass people's life, i.e., education, health etc.

So, basically we are doomed for the time being until our politicians put their country on top above party and individuals.