View Single Post
Old March 2, 2010, 12:30 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Rafique & Pailot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gowza
this no spinners business i really don't agree with, they've faced spinners before it's not going to make a difference. shabbir, noor and mahmudul could be worth ago here, and nasir and shuvo as well if they're not in the test squad. for pacers i really don't care about form or being regulars or irregular's in the NCL, get the ones who have the weapons i.e. subashis, sajidul, emon. if not them then go with talha, robiul, robin or maybe alauddin babu.

i'm kind of surprised shaker ahmed hasn't been given any chances in BCB XI's or domestics since guys like noor, shabbir, mahmudul, babu and anamul who are from the same u19 team have been given shances.
yes, they have faced spinners before. But it is always slighly different in Bangladesh condition than in IND/PAK/SL. Also only Collingwood played in BD pitches before + 1st test will be played in the same stadium.

This is a practice match, and our goal should be - not to let English players practice/prepare on what they will be facing in the test. Make it bad as much as you can.

I remember India leaving grass even in the practice pitches when Australia last visited them. May be this will not make big difference, but we need to make it as bad as possible.