View Single Post
Old October 10, 2011, 10:00 PM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

I think WI will go out with well set plans against Shakib and Tamim because Sammy knows these two are our best players. So its important that the rest of the guys also fire in today's match along with Tamim and Shakib.

Here is my short player preview:
Tamim: Tamim, easily the most distructive batsman in our lineup said he loves his aerial shots. He needs to be positive and capitalize the first six over when the field restrictions are in. If he could hammer Anderson and co. in england... he should be able to repeat that against Rampaul and co. If he survives then should look to play a long innings and attack only during last five.

Shakib: being a left hander in the middle order will make things easy for him to face Bishoo. He needs to watch out for the short stuff from WI and look to play singles off those deliveries. He needs to be calm and apply his trade mark slog sweep over deep mid wicket to the spinners if its in his area.

Kayes: must step up his game like he did against India in the WC match. He is good with hook and pull shots so those shots might come handy if WI employ short pitch stuff.

Ash: needs to carry over his practice match bradman form into the real competition.

Alok: I hope Alok does well for both our sake and his sake. A solid innings in t-20 will pave way for the ODI series to follow. I strongly believe he needs a full series to get into top gear for us.

Nasir: His performances just like Hom has fizzled out since Zimbabwe tour... He needs to play a quickfire cameo at the death.

Shafiul: With Rubel doing so well with the older ball, Shafiul must take up the responsibility of new ball wickets. We need to attack Samuels as early as possible and preferrably in a pressure situation. early wickets will lay the platform for spinners to apply the choke.

Mushfiq: We know he has a sensible head. We also know he packs a punch even though he looks small. Being the captain Mushfiq should look to play a longer innings as opposed to cameos. His last century against Zim should boost his confidence to do well for us.

Last edited by Jadukor; October 10, 2011 at 10:55 PM..