View Single Post
Old January 12, 2013, 08:32 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Imrul "The Don" Kayes

^^ completely agree. Healy is an interesting figure as he was good with the gloves but pretty poor with the bat to say the least. And certainly times have changed and keepers take more priority with the bat than the gloves. I think Healy doesnt understand that which lead him to lash out at Wade. Yes i clearly remember when Haddin had a woeful test series 2/3 years back on Aussie soil and that was when his place in the team was scrutinised. Haddin aint that much better than Wade with the gloves.

I think Wade catches my attention by his stylish batting play. With the batting ability that he possesses he can bat anywhere in the order imo. I remember whe he opened the batting for Australia in a T20 and made a 68 odd with a really good strike rate. It really showcased his batting ability. Haddin in terms of batting is too one dimensional. He hits the straighter, pitched up balls for six and if its a bit wider he either leaves or works it for a single. Ive never seen him cover drive a boundary or really pulling a ball for boundaries. Wade has huge potential when it comes to batting. Can play in any situation and really is a classy batsmen when he gets going.

As you said Wade has lots of time to take his game to a whole new level so ive got high hopes for him. Dont know why but Tim Paine is getting ignored with the selectors. He is another player with good potential. I think its time selectors looked away from Haddin.