View Single Post
Old November 13, 2007, 11:09 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarWolf
I was talking about both ODI and tests. Even If you take ODIs alone you probably failed to notice that even ODI wickets in NZ are fast and bouncy enought to trouble our batsmen and offer assistance for face bowlers earlier in the innings specially in the morning.
From what I have seen in the one-day world cup and T20 WC, our younger generation of players are not that naive against traditional hard and bouncy ODI wickets. Morning moisture ? that can be a factor on any place in the world.

Quote:
This became a cycle. We don't have enough capable seniors to keep young guns out of the team. So we bring new ones. They come and fail to cope in this level due to inexperience and lack of temperament. Then they get dropped out too. Again few new guys come. We need to break the pattern. Don't we?
Contrary to popular belief here in BC, I think the cycle that hurts us most is that we give under performing players longer stint than they should get in a national team. Those players become dead weights for the team and hurts overall performance of it. The main reason for this trend is that we don't keep alternatives ready when a player goes out of form and thus we have to linger with him longer than necessary.

A players confidence (in cases of yong ones)is hurt most when he is made to keep playing at top level even when he is out of form.