Old January 30, 2013, 03:18 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Taskin, Rubel, Abul

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuziburo
They need to eat a steak every day!
Are you serious?!

------

A many centuries ago, the Persian theologian, philosopher AND a physician named Fakhruddin Ar-Razi famously said, "you are what you eat". Unfortunately, not just the "masses" but a great many educated and "enlightened" elite members of the South Asian countries, today, have a very poor dietary knowledge, attitude or habit. It is quite a normal practice in most households to have dinner/supper very late at night and go to sleep with a FULL stomach -literally speaking. About rice -nothing wrong with it as long as its not so refined that there is almost no goodness/nutruition left in it. Most Bangladeshi or other south Asian peoples I know will only eat (refined) white rice. Less I talk about the curry, the degree of spiciness or the method of cooking the better. I hardly know any people who use sea salt (as opposed to the refined mass produced table salt) or raw brown sugar or wholemeal flour for their cooking or baking. These people are not exactly poor, either. Most of them are earning a good living. Could easily afford to eat 'organic' -if only awareness was there! (Rant over).

Thanks coach McInnes. You're a brave and a dedicated man, indeed. Otherwise, you woudn't have been back in BD for a second stint. Hope BCB pays attentions to your suggestions and not shun you. But BCB is BCB -like most of the other BD organisations or instituions. Ignorant/blind, incompetent, greedy and corrupt.

Wish you good luck. You will most definitely need it.