View Single Post
Old May 8, 2012, 05:37 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equinox
Even if that does happen, which I'm sceptical about, I very much doubt the people you are talking about will go stay in 5 star hotels just to watch cricket. And if the BPL does adopt a home-away format, wouldn't the people just wait for the stars to come to their city and watch them play? I agree with mufi. Cant see decent hotels springing up in Khulna just because of the BPL or 1/2 international matches a year.

Mirpur/Chittagong/Sylhet/Cox's Bazar - these venues have the facilities so just develop them. No need for a new drama everyday. We can possibly have another stadium in Dhaka around the Purbachal area. That's five international venues. There's no need for more.
Exactly. Bogra has a 3 star hotel which is better than any other hotels in Khulna. Why not play a test match over there? Officials say that Bogra lacks an airport for which BCB is unabe to provide logistical support. But Khulna doesnt have an airport too. Jessore airport is the closest one but that too is 60km away from Khulna. I'd rather want Bogra to emerge as the next venue rather than Khulna. Bogra stadium is in good condition and its outfield is one of the best in BD. Even building a new Stadium in Coxs Bazar is logical as it has good accomodation and an airport. I hope Sylhet stadium is renovated well before the t20 wc as every other facilities are available there.