View Single Post
Old February 3, 2013, 08:07 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Your sentiment and zeal is noble but, with all due respect, misplaced.

The fact is, there is only a small community of elite cricketers and they communicate with each other. If they get their money on time and get treated fairly, there is nothing to worry about! No amount of media will stop players coming to our league if the players are reassured by fellow cricketers who participated, as you rightly pointed out. Money talks! People who exaggerate or falsify stories will lose credibility over time.

So let's keep things simple. Let's keep the leaders/management honest. Report the truth. Reporting the truth will also let us look out for the interest of those who have no 'voice' (upcoming local cricketers who have too much to lose from speaking out). Honest criticism will keep the stakeholders on their toes and that can only be good for the future of this league.

The only quick and real antidote is to fix the problem. No criticism will have any genuine traction if there is no problem.

Talking about 'grey' areas is a slippery slope to mediocrity and that should be unacceptable to the well wishers of our cricket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabz
Because, Zunaid bhai, it is not a simple matter of self-righteous pure black and white. There are many shades of grey in it. At the end of the day, this is our league and we are the ones who would have to defend it. Yes, there are issues that still needs to be resolved and we hope it does by the end of it, but a premature provocation was not called for.

If the players werent paid in full, guys like Hodge and Azhar Mahmood would not have come back to play the 2nd season. Despite the early hiccup of BPL 2, the tournament is going stronger by the day and the immediate impact is also visible in pages like CI where they started to give running commentary ball by ball under BPL banner and not Bangladesh domestic, something they haven't done even for BBL.

As long as Bangladesh name is tagged to it, I'll defend it to the outside world no matter what.
I'll beat up the cr@p out of my brother if I have to, but I won't let anyone touch him, no matter what.

At the end of the day, this is our own and we are the ones who have to defend.