View Single Post
Old February 3, 2010, 01:14 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: The big hearted ones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
Dear betaar,
Misread or not Vettori said he would have batted first had he won the toss. End of discussion on what needed to be done to get the maximum benefit from the toss.
+++
In the last post you mentioned:
[/font]
Now we can't disguise this by batting second. Fixing this problem would put a stop for us questioning what needed to be done after winning the toss.

So the first thing needs to be done as a fan, is come down from the high horses and smell the roses. Lower your expectation. This is not the flatbed (stat fluxing) pitch of Mirpur. NZ mgmt long before said they would bounce us out. That is what they are doing and we are falling right in to their trap. We have compounded worries now. Can't catch anything.
TE,
First of all I am calm and I don’t believe in knee jerk reaction.

What horrifies me more than bad performance is the stupidity in decision making. What Vetorri wants to do in their own soil is not our concern…..because we should always play to our strength…..if we don’t have any strength then let’s not expose our weakness. If you remember the commentators, they said Vetorri himself was going to bat at #9 which means they were batting heavy side which why he would’ve wanted to score as many runs as possible ahead of the onedayers.

Knowing our lacking in building an inning first in T20, we should’ve batted second. I am not saying we can or should disguise our lack of skills by batting second, but even the best side of the world likes to take advantage from external factors (in this case an example would be to observe how the ball is behaving of the pitch from our bowlers). Obviously if a team is really good in all departments the pitch condition, the toss would not matter……but we need to be wise on how we utilize our limitations and come out good.