View Single Post
Old October 30, 2012, 11:52 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadukor
none of these changes benefit the spinners... two new ball and the two bouncer rules are going to favor the pace dependent sides like South Africa, Australia and England. We rely heavily on spinners and these changes are likely to do further damage to our chances of winning.
We've been saying that since 2008 when the original rule changes came into effect (eg the batting powerplay). We won the very first match played with new rules (v NZ) and overall we've won a dozen+ plus matches and been really close in probably a half dozen more. These changes represent no real effect on how our spinners operate which has always been our strength. Its true these rules will favor teams with pacers, and its true our spinners will take a bit more of a beating...but it will remain to be seen how much of an effect it has. I personally don't think it will affect us much. A lot of major teams like India, SL, PAK rely on their spinners and I don't think they will lose too much sleep over this.

Personally I think the 20 over PP rule and # of fielders was fine. I like the 2 bouncer rule.

#OneTeam1Dream