View Single Post
Old May 29, 2009, 03:36 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib,Ganguly,Vettori,

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanglaCool
"Teen Goenda" was not a rip off from Hardy Boys, but a shameless translation (until the number of books ran out) from "Alfred Hitchcock and the Three Investigators." by Robert Arthur, Jr [1]

I was an avid fan of Rakib Hasan until one day I came across an old copy of Three Investigators in the Babu Pura Book Market in Nilkhet. I owe this find to the endless hours of scavenging through the old and second hand books displayed by the hawkers on the footpath as well as the shanty book stalls. I did love the characters Kishore, Musa and Robin who are just clones of Jupiter Jones, Pete Crenshaw, and Robert "Bob" Andrews.
Perhaps it would be appropriate for Sheba, as well as the writer to ackowledge where it is copied from.

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Three_Investigators

I didn't read Three Investigators but the few Hardy boys I read, I found al of them are already used by Tin Goenda.

Despite all these, Sheba will always have my gratitude for iuntroducing me to the world of thriller.