View Single Post
Old July 15, 2010, 05:22 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Brian Lara

Yes Sir. In my point of view, It is 100% boring, kind of useless game where all the midfielders are passing the ball all around the midfield except the penalty box area or even if the ball goes into the penalty box area, two or three player comes up again with the passing game rather than shoot the ball to the goal post…it seems like to make a goal is the least priority for the Spanish team…after the game against Germany, one Spanish player also said that they were not worried at all for not getting the goal (until 73 mins)…they just wanted to play their game…and what kind of game it is? Football is the game where we expected a goal always and it gives the verdict of the game not passing. In the Germany vs Argentina match, ball possession for Argentina is 53%, but Germany did 4 goals…and I think nobody on the earth thinks that Argentina Play better (if you think I don’t mind). Everybody knows that Spain is the first team in the world cup history who scored the least amount of goals (just 8) in the 7 match…yeah very much entertaining!!

Just want to share something (please don’t hate me):

I followed the Football World Cup since 1990, I watched all the matches from second round. First time this thing happened…I slept several times at sitting position while I was watching a 2 World Cup Matches, one is Spain vs Portugal and another is Spain vs Germany.

I believe Spain play better than any one else and they deserve the World Cup this time…I have no doubt at all…but if you want to talk about their game style…yeah it is boring.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsifTheManRahman
Boring? No sir, not at all. On the contrary, Spain plays the most creative brand of football among European nations and have possibly played the most attacking of all teams in this year's World Cup. Their game is primarily possession-based and this has been their weakness as well as their strength in this competition. They barely lose possession of the ball, playing on the ground as opposed to sending long balls down the pitch, so much so that their strikers, full of talent and individual ball-play skills, often take too long to shoot, which has often translated to poor finishing in this tournament.

But if anything, this group has been playing clean, fair and magical futbol for a good few years now. What they need is a set-piece hero who can curve it in from free-kicks and find players with pin-point accuracy from corners. Wish Forlan was born in Spain. Not too worried about the finishing as, with Torres being out of form, this goal-drought might just have been a temporary thing.

Boring is what Italy, France and Germany pre-2006 are guilty of.