View Single Post
Old June 24, 2005, 05:34 AM
First Class Cricketer

I think all the talk of BD spirit is simply non sense. Because we lost to Canada as well when we shouldn't have.

Frankly speaking, even Bashar thought that 250 was too much but at the end they realised it they could get there. If Brett Lee was there it would have been for others to hit Lee. England struggled against his extra pace.

Mcgrath, Kaspar, Gillespie are all 135 km/h bowler so there is nothing to be overly concerned about.

Ashraful has been so inconsistent in this tour but Allah helped him and listened to his prayers and he didn't forget to show the gratitude as well and Ashraful was able to repeat his form again.

It's asking for too much for someone like Ashraful to repeat this sort of form matches after matches but if sincerely prays to Allah then who knows we might see him spark again.

No coach can teach you to bat like that or Whatmore can't it has to come from within.

It was inside Ashraful and he unleashed to cause the biggest upsets. I still think Aus A team with Shaun Tait is a very good team because they are younger than the Australian side and can beat many international sides.

If Bangladesh and Australia A plays 5 times, then they will win the series 3 - 2 or 4 - 1.

Australia were too proud of there performances and started publicly issuing statements regarding our test status and we replied in a manner that now at least for next 5 years the talk of our test status being taken away will be dead and burried.

However except Ashraful, the game against England showed us that we haven;t matured enough yet.

When Ashraful batted and when he got out, 300 still looked like a possibility but we got out miserably ( some of the dismissals simply remind us why we do so poorly in both form of the game in general except some good performances which are few and far between).

Ashraful took all the risk and simply threw his wicket away but i think even Sachin wouldn't have done it that way.

Ashraful needed to have realised that it was only he was capable of a big score others were simply not at their pedestrian best. But we have imporved a lot since the last world cup.

I think we will average more than 200+ from now on which is a good sign.

But to prove that win against Australia was not a one-off, if we can score freely then we will win against sides like NZ, Srilanka, India, West Indies and even Pakistan ( because sometimes they are very unpredictable ... they may throw their wickets away as they used to do and we may get another win ).

Wins against India and Pakistan are one thing but win against Aus is entirely another thing because Aus side is professional and they always try their best despite the outcome ... and they did score 249 from a very vulnerable start.

I know that Aus won;t score more than 300 but they defend well. So we need to find inspiration from our previous win and try to pull off an amazing win again.