View Single Post
Old May 8, 2006, 11:21 AM
Club Cricketer

I will not be happy with Sanwar and mushfiq but surly AL Shahariar. But that is not my point. my point is that an irreverable mistake has been made by thrusting young players like Ashraful, Kapali, Hannan Sarkar, Tushar Imran so quikly into internationals without much domestic exposure. What these guys had was under 19 exposure or a couple of good first class score. None of them had played 30/40 firts class matches and were averaging in the 40s/50s. They were just raw talents. Imagine what would have been the situation if Ashraful was making his debut today with 50 odd first class matches and may be an average over 40. How many average in the late 30s. No one. And how can they? They are still learning. And it is not their fault. It is our selectors. What I am trying to say is that it is time to give the under 19 players chances at first class level and stop chancing them at International level. Give the likes of Tamim Iqbal, Mehrab, Mushfiq and whoever is there enough time to play first class cricket. Let them learn, let them know there game. Let them prove themselves by scoring runs/ taking wickets let them prove themselves through good Averages and then come to international level knowing what to do. Not relying on talent. PLS STOP BRINGING RAW PLAYERS.