View Single Post
Old June 26, 2006, 09:31 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr-Cricket
Mate, you just proved my point - that only an Aussie will appreciate the humor in the article, lol.

The writer isn't even remotely serious. He's actually taking the piss out of everyone, including our own team.

Anyways, I got a laugh out of it.
Glad that you could enjoy the article. Just wondering, why the hell Aussies are making such a big fuss about their world cup performance. So far, I wont say that they played bad, but they didnt play any sort of quality game too. I remember, back in 2002 world cup, Turkey was playing good football and reached semifinal, All the turks here in Germany were just too much in talk talk talk mode. They were making team Turkey like the best ever team played on earth and then, there were whining too about Ref's bad decision against Brazil. Even Germany who played in the fianl, didnt make such noises as these Turkey ppl did. I clearly see a similar resembles this time with Aussies. They are good team but, yet not that good enough to shout. And, Probably, will see same fate like what happend to Turkey for 2006 world cup qualifier... They failed.

Just as a note, Ausssies are master in Cricket world. They are liek Brazil in Football. Did you ever see they make any fuss about such incidents in cricket?,. India and England are the teams who do the whining and blaming thing.. b ut , never Aussies. So, its more logical that ppl can get irritated by this crap stuff.