View Single Post
Old June 26, 2006, 04:51 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Ricky Ponting

It's 8am.

I'm shattered.

Although I am bitterly dissapointed with the eventual result, ultimately, I am very proud of our boys for putting up such a gallant performance. The meteoric rise of the Socceroos has been a pleasure to witness over the last year or so, ever since Guus Hiddink took over the reins. God bless the man, and I wish him luck in his future endeavours with the Russian team. Ultimately, with a man up, we should have done better to first score, then close out the game. It's quite obvious that we lacked that killer instinct at times, but I guess this will come with experience. Quickly, clear bookable offence. Under the laws of the game, two footed studs up tackle is a straight red, although, on this occasion, most other referees may have just stuck with the yellow. And although at first I agreed with the foul against Neil in the 93rd minute, in retrospect, I'm not so sure.The Italian's are a class outfit, but I can't say outright that they deserved to win this game. Far from it. We had our chances, just as they had theirs. And this is what makes the result all the more difficult to swallow.