View Single Post
Old October 7, 2012, 08:33 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

do we take 3 pacers and 2 spinners (including shakib) or do we take 2 pacers and 3 spinners (including shakib). my issue with the 3 spinners is more to do with them all being SLAs and not so much that we are a pacer short because really we don't have the fast bowling depth so unless they're playing in really pacer friendly conditions i don't think a 3rd spinner instead of a 3rd pacer will be any different and might even be better.

so if we have 3 spinners should we go with 3 SLAs or bring in some variation? problem is the other variations haven't been tested much in the A team. but anyway the only other spinner i'd be comfortable giving a chance to atm is sohag gazi (aside from shakib, sunny and enamul).

also i know enamul is in great form but it's hard to kick out sunny, he's done really well in the tests he's had so far and his strike rate is impressive at 51 and we really need strike bowlers in tests. looking at domestic records both sunny and sohag have much better strike rates than enamu and having sohag offers greater variation.